The Blue Bay Shepherd is a new breed of dog that looks like a wolf. It is more popular because of its huge size and blue colour is also known as Blue Bay German Shepherd and Blue Wolf German Shepherd.
This breed is recognized by the American Kennel Club and can also be a loyal and good friend. This breed has become very popular in Europe since last few years and if you like rare dogs more then hope you like this post about blue bay shepherd puppy.
Today in this post we will give you complete information about the this breed, how much are Blue Bay Shepherd and blue german shepherds. So read this post completely.
blue bay shepherd price –
It is a very expensive dog and it takes one to two years to buy it as there is only one breeder of this breed globally.
The cost of a blue bay shepherd dog ranges from $2000 to $3500. It is an expensive breed of dog and its quality cannot be compromised under any circumstances. If you do not feed good quality food to the blue shepherd, it may fall ill.
Apart from buying a breed, there are other additional expenses involved that the owner should take into account before buying a dog. Like – Feeding Cost, Grooming Cost, Training Cost, Vaccination Cost and more.
History and Origin –
The Blue Bay Shepherd breed was born in 2011 by female Vicki Spencer. Spencer wanted to develop a dog that was loyal, healthy and trainable. Let us tell you that Spencer had studied 20 years to develop such a dog.
Developed by Vicki Spencer, this dog is a cross between the European German Shepherd and the Blue-Coated Wolfdog and it looks very attractive with a pale blue color and light eyes.
Blue Bay Shepherd is made up of three words.
- Blue – The first word of this breed’s name is derived from the blue coat as the coat of this breed is blue.
- Bay – This middle second word is derived from Southern Breeze Ranch, located in Florida.
The Blue Bay Shepherd looks like a wolf and has a long and dark blue coat inherited by the parents. It has light blue or light brown eyes which look attractive with their coat.
The blue bay shepard has a similar head shape to that of the German Shepherd and is very powerful but looks slender and this breed has triangular ears but these ears are not very long and large.
Their height varies from 28 to 32 inches and weighs between 70-105 pounds. This breed is related to the German Shepherd and the Wolfdog and can also be seen in white, gray and red coats.
The Blue Bay Shepherd is a trainable, friendly, affectionate and loyal dog. I love playing and having fun with people. Let us tell you that they are not shy and timid at all, but they have less ability to bark.
They need 1 to 2 hours of exercise every day. If you do not give them exercise, then they start misbehaving and can even harm you.
They have a good chewing power and are also clever. Let us tell you that it can easily open the latch and doors of the house.
Health Issues –
We told you that the Blue Bay Shepherd is a new breed and that’s why long-term health problems are not clear but there are some common problems you can see.
- Bloat – This is also called gastric dilatation-volvulus and this disease is caused by eating too quickly or exercising after eating food. Due to this disease, gas starts forming in the stomach and blood is not able to flow properly in the heart.
- Hip dysplasia – This problem is seen in older dogs. A lot of pain and discomfort may have to be faced in this condition. So far this problem has not been seen in Blue Bay Shepherd.
- Allergies – This breed can also suffer from allergies and this is a common problem with dogs.
- Epilepsy – German Shepherd dogs have the highest incidence of epilepsy and this is a genetic disease.
- Pituitary dwarfism – This is a disease caused by a deficiency of hormones and this disease is more prevalent in the German Shepherd breed but the this breed is less likely to get this disease.
Some Interesting Facts about Blue Bay Shepherd –
- The first generation of this breed was about 30 percent wolf.
- Their height is 28 to 32 inches and weight is 70-105 pounds.
- The cost of blue bay shepherd puppy is more than $2500.
- The blood of this breed has the blood of a wolf but it is friendly and loving.
- They like to run and be out of the house and need more exercise.
- It is a rare mixed breed and there is only one breeder of this breed in the world named Vicky Spencer.
Some Important Frequently Asked Question –
It is not legal.
$2000 to $3500
Yes, but at present there is only one breeder of this breed in the world and it may take you a long time to get this breed
It is not aggressive and its nature is friendly and sociable.
Yes, they are great for family and they also like to play and jump.
It is a mix of a Blue German Shepherd dog and a Blue Wolfdog.
The height is 28 to 32 inches and the weight is 70-105 pounds.
Today in this post we have told you about the blue bay shepherd, blue bay shepherd for sale, blue dog breeds & blue german shepherd puppies for sale. Apart from this, We have given you the main information related to blue bay shepherd in this post.
If you are thinking of buying a this breed then I hope you liked this post. Let us tell you that the blue bay shepherd is a good breed for family members.
If you have any questions related to blue bay shepherd. You can ask in the comment box. We will definitely answer your question. Thank you…